Saturday, November 16, 2013

Course Synthesis

Many concepts I learned in this course relate to my work as a future teacher. I honestly believe all of the concepts I learned will only benefit me in the near future. I learned a lot of new concepts when I interviewed Mrs. Hyde. I wasn't sure about how to differentiate my instruction for diverse students or to implement writing into our curriculum. After talking with her I gained ideas on how to do this. I hope to implement technology heavily into my classroom. Students love technology so why not have it in your classroom? There are numerous apps that pertain to our discipline of Family and Consumer Sciences. I would like to have homework assignments where students need to use the app or a website to complete the assignment. Such as gaining knowledge on the new MyPlate Website. I hope to also make my lesson plans new and innovative. This goes hand in hand with the world around us. I want to make my lesson plan relative to what is going on around us and especially what is going on within our community. 

I hope to implement writing in my lesson plans also. I believe this to be an important aspect of teaching. Writing is essential for every subject and most definitely is important for the high school and college level. I enjoyed learning more about the before, during and after activity plans. I plan on using that and also have more writing prompts. I have thought about having journals for my students where they can simply free write. As a student, I enjoyed free writing. Especially when there wasn't something specific I had to write about or when it was going to be graded. 

Overall, I am grateful to be able to take this class before I step into the teaching world. I have gained so much knowledge on the concepts of literacy but most importantly how to implement it into my classroom while also making it beneficial. I received numerous resources to use in my classrom. I enjoyed interviewing Mrs. Jennifer Hyde for my self-selected porject. I love getting advice from fellow teachers and learning from their mistakes and accompishments. I am throughly excited to start teaching, even though most days my nerves take over I know that I will try my best to have a classroom that students want to learn in. 


4 comments:

  1. I too want to implement writing into my lesson plans! I had no idea how important it was until this literacy class! I too am grateful that I had this class before I begin teaching! I agree with the nerves! I know you will be a great teacher! Your students will love your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I conquer that this class has helped me tremendously! I was super nervous about how to implement literacy strategies in a PE class, but I have learned so much this semester. I love the idea of implementing technology in a classroom, because lets be honest, students are using some sort of technology everyday! You are going to be an awesome teacher!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this class has helped and will help me so much as an educator. Though this class I was able to learn so many concepts that I will use in my classroom. I also will implement writing into my lesson plans. Writing is such a great skill that will only help our students in their future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great you chose to interview Ms. Hyde for your self-selected project and that she continues to be such an influential figure in your life. I wish you the best in your future teaching adventures!

    ReplyDelete